- Dr. Md. Zafor Iqbal has got his MBBS from Rajshahi Medical College in January 2006, and completed internship in March 2007.
- He completed Diploma in Anaesthesiology from BIRDEM under University of Dhaka in July 2009.
- After this, he has completed his FCPS in Anaesthesiology as a youngest Fellow from Bangladesh College of Physicians and surgeons in January 2012.
- Finally, he completed MD in Critical Care Medicine, from Dhaka Medical College Hospital under BSMMU in July 2016. Apart from thesis defense in MD, he has succeeded all of his post-graduation exams in maiden try. He is one of the 1st two who’s completed MD in CCM from its mother subject Anaesthesiology in Bangladesh.
After completion of his Internship training from Rajshahi Medical College Hospital he started his job as a Senior House Officer in Cardiac Anaesthesia & Cardiac-ICU from 01-04-2008 to 30-04-2009 at United hospital Limited, Dhaka. Then he moved to Delta Medical College Hospital, Dhaka, as ICU in-charge from 01-05-2009 to 30-12-09. He started journey with Apollo as a registrar in ICU (Janu’10 to December’14), Sr. Registrar (Janu’15 to December’15), and Specialist (Janu’ 2016 to December’16). Over the last two years he is taking care of SICU and HDU as an Associate Consultant (Janu’17 to December’18).
Area of Expertise:
- Apart from conventional ICU work he is able to perform-
Bed side rapid USG and ECHO screening
USG guided routine ICU procedures/ Biopsy sample collection
Pig-Tail Catheter insertion in pleural and peritoneal cavity for different purposes.
Insertion of perma-cath (Permanent Hemodialysis Catheter)
Chemo-port insertion, Insertion of Swan Gang (PA) Catheter
Peripheral Inserted Central Venus Catheter (PICC) Insertion
Fiber optic bronchoscopy for sampling (), bronchial toileting and difficult airway managing.
Bed side percutaneous tracheostomy
Thoracic Epidural Analgesia
Endoscopic Nasoduodenal and Nasojejunal tube insertion
Lead of Prone position ventilation
Lead of Therapeutic hypothermia
Area of Special Interest:
- Extra Corporeal Membranous Oxygenation (ECMO) support and hemofiltration (Cytosorb) for sepsis management.
- He has completed extensive nine (9) years training in Anaesthesiology, Pain, Palliative, Critical Care Medicine and its allied subjects in his Journey of triple post-graduation degree. In this mega journey he has taken golden opportunity to train himself from- Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), BIRDEM Hospital, Bangobandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU), National Institute of Cardiovascular Disease hospital (NICVD), Heart Foundation Hospital, Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital (ShSMC), Medical College for Women and Hospital (MCW&H), Dhaka.
- He has successfully Completed Asian Critical Care Simulation course (ECMO, Prone Position Ventilation, PiCCO monitoring & CRRT) from Asan Medical Center Seoul, South Korea in 2018.
- He has joined in a workshop on Extra Corporeal Membranous Oxygenation (ECMO), at National University Hospital, Singapore. May 17-22, 2018
- He also joined Patient-centric approach for critical care- ‘Sharing Hospital Anti-infective Perspective and Experience in Asia’. August 1-5, 2018. NUH, Singapore.
- He also completed “Audit in ICU” training for ensuring - “Evidence Based Practice and Quality Care”. Bhopal, India. September 18-23, 2017.
- Now he is doing Adult ECMO Specialist Course from Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, Delli (July 2018 - June 2019)