· Obtained his MBBS from Karnataka and MASTER OF SURGERY(MS) from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), subcontinent’s one of the most premier medical institute in Chandigarh, India.
· He underwent extensive training during his student life and gained experience working with various reputed medical institutes in India for around 14 years. He has acquired vast experience in all kinds of General, Laparoscopic and Complicated Digestive tract & organs surgeries. Just before joining Apollo Hospitals Dhaka, he had been working as an Associate Professor & Incharge of Dept. of Emergency & Trauma in Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College and Hospitals, Sirajgong, a well-known institute for cancer treatment.
· His vast knowledge, skill, experience in various discipline of surgery specially Abdominal cancer (Gastrointestinal tract-colorectal, Liver, pancreas, spleen). Advanced laparoscopy, Breast cancer & trauma surgeries made him as one of the choice surgeon of the country.
· Pioneer - He is country’s one of the pioneer in the field of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery (key hole opening of the abd) like Laparoscopic Colorectal Cancer & Non Cancer Surgery, Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery, Laparoscopic gangenous/pus filled & densly adhered gall bladder and appendix surgery, Esophageal cancer surgery without opening thorax, Redo longo procedure (2nd time longo procedure in the same patient), Breast Cancer Surgery with very minimum blood loss etc.
· He is the 1st to perform the followings in Apollo Hospitals Dhaka
- Day care gall bladder excision surgery (Admission, operation in the morning and discharge in the evening after feeding).
- Latest kind of Breast cancer surgery using gamma probe.
- Laparoscopic colorectal cancer & non cancer surgery.
- STARR procedure- Excision of large Prolapsed hemorrhoids, prolapsed rectum causing obstructive defication.
- Removal of liver stones with the help of flexible scopes.
- Uses of khar sutra in the treatment of complex fistula in Ano.
- Extraordinary surgeries like pelvic EXENTERATION.
(all pelvic organ excision) cytoreductive surgery etc are notable.
· Areas of Interest:
- Robotic Surgery- performing Abdominal Surgeries with the help of Robotic
arms, Bariatric Surgery - weight reduction Surgery.
- Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Cancer, non Cancer Surgery.
- Hepatobilary & Liver transplant Surgery.