- About the Department
- Consultation & Appointments
- Important Points about Tests/Procedures/Surgeries, Your Reports & Billing Enquiries
The Department of Ophthalmology of Apollo Hospitals Dhaka provides both basic and specialised eye care services for patients. Our trained and experienced Consultant provides specialised treatment for a wide variety of eye problems.
Specialised equipment such as the argon laser for treatment of diabetic eye diseases, and computerised visual field analysers for assessment of glaucoma, are available. Our Consultant, trained in optometry, helps in the prescription of glasses for both adults and children. All surgeries are conducted at state-of-the-art operation theatres of the hospital, and over 90% of the surgeries do not require hospital admission. The theatre is equipped with a phaco-emulsification machine for small incision cataract surgery.
The department provides consultation services in level-4 through highly qualified and experienced Consultant, who carefully evaluates each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, our Consultant discusses available treatment options and recommends the most effective treatment.
Consultant in the Department of Ophthalmology:
General Screening for common eye problems; e.g. deterioration or loss of vision, eye pain, redness, tearing, eye discharge
Team of Doctors
We have world class specialists from around the globe and facilitates correct diagnosis of various ailments for best and shortest road to recovery. Get a closer glimpse of our cutting-edge-technology in the gallery below.
This carousel is empty, please add some logos.
- Assessment of fitness to drive
- Cataract surgery (including phaco-emulsification) and intra-ocular lens (IOL) implant
- Glaucoma and phaco-glaucoma surgeries
- Oculoplastic surgery for correction of droopy lids, aberrant eyelashes, blocked naso-lacrimal ducts and orbital trauma
- Diagnosis and treatment of patients with ophthalmic problems arising from neurological diseases or neurosurgical conditions
- Treatment of patients with vitreo-retinal disease, e.g. retinal detachments or advanced diabetic retinopathy
- 24-hour emergency eye service in the Accident & Emergency Department for treatment of acute eye trauma and other emergencies.
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|Mr. Taslimur Rahman:
Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-02-8431661-5; Ext-1353
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)