- Apollo Hospitals Dhaka became the first hospital in the country to receive Joint Commission International (JCI) Accreditation in 2008, an international stamp for excellence in clinical practices in patient care and safety. In June 2011 & May 2014, after a rigorous one-week survey process, the hospital has again achieved full JCI re-accreditation and remains the only JCI accredited hospital in Bangladesh.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, USA has ranked Apollo Haematology Lab 3rd out of 725 participating labs and Biochemistry Lab 37th out of 2,808 participating laboratories worldwide in the November 2010 – April 2011 and July 2010 – June 2011 cycles of Proficiency Testing (External Quality Control Program) respectively. Apollo Lab Medicine quality parameters are being certified by Bio-Rad since its inception.
- The top quality treatment and exceptionally maintained high standards of Apollo Hospitals Dhaka has been highlighted as a feature on the December 2010 and June 2011 issues of internationally recognized Newsweek magazine.
MEDICAL & SURGICAL ACHIEVEMENTS
- Since its inception in 2005, 7,26,939 patients have registered with Apollo Hospitals Dhaka (AHD) and over 29,03,572 patients have availed out-patient consultation across 29 disciplines.
- AHD has pioneered the preventive health check program, Master Health Check, in Bangladesh
- Over 68,687 successful surgeries have been carried out in the hospital till date.
- Apollo Bone & Joint Centre is a one-stop centre for Orthopaedic, Rheumatology and knee conditions, as well as Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 12,739 Orthopaedic Surgeries have been successfully completed in AHD since its inauguration, including 156 Hip Replacement and 315 Knee Replacement surgeries. Apollo Knee Centre, the first and only super specialty Knee Centre in Bangladesh, deals with all knee conditions associated with trauma, arthritis and age related wear and tear.
- Apollo Heart Centre is a complete coronary care solution for the treatment of cardiac diseases and related complications, providing cutting edge technology. Since beginning, AHD has completed 3,844 successful Cardiac Surgeries. For the first time in Bangladesh, Apollo Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery Department has performed a rare cosmetic heart surgery for closure and repair of Atrial Septal Defect of heart in March 2011. World-class Cardiac Catheterization in state-of-the-art Cath Lab is also provided here. 13,842 Angiography and 4,869 Angioplasty procedures have been successfully executed at AHD (including 2 Carotid Angioplasty).28 Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) closures by non-surgical procedures have been accomplished in our Cath Lab, as well as 30 IVC (inferior vena cava) filter implantations and 2 Patent Ductus Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) devices. Successful implantation of Intra-Cardiac devices like ICD and Pacemaker are being performed by Cardiology Department with zero infection rates. There have been 62 ICD implants and 895 Pacemaker placements at AHD till now. The Cardiology Department has also performed in Bangladesh for the first time epicardial channel retrograde PCI of CTO lesion via diagonal-1 to LAD in November 2010.
- Apollo Kidney & Urology Centre provides complete treatment of kidney and urinary tract conditions of children and adults, as well as abnormalities of the male reproductive system. The hospital offers advanced dialysis services and kidney transplantation surgery for patients suffering from kidney failure. 18 Renal Transplants have been successfully completed in AHD, which is the first of its kind among the private hospitals in Bangladesh. Endourology and reconstructive surgeries are also performed, along with complete urodynamic testing. The Urology Department has performed Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) surgeries with bilateral Double “J” (DJ) Stenting on June 2, 2011, which were the first such cases performed under local and epidural anaesthesia in Apollo Hospitals Dhaka, as well as in Bangladesh.
- Apollo Mother & Child Centre offers comprehensive treatment in Obstetrics/Gynaecology, Neonatology, Paediatrics, Paediatric Surgery &Paediatirc Urology, and Infertility Management (Apollo Fertility Centre). Gynaecological surgeries like open, vaginal & laparoscopic hysterectomy, hysteroscopic removal of tumours, etc. are routinely preformed. Maternity Unit offers equipped delivery rooms, OT, cardiotocograph, painless delivery by epidural analgesia, immediate emergency surgeries, and breast feeding counselling room. The hospital is equipped with Neonatal ICU for premature babies or sick babies with conditions requiring surgery immediately surgery after birth. Apollo Fertility Centre provides complete infertility management with utmost privacy. The Paediatric Surgery &Paediatric Urology Department performs all types of routine and complex surgeries of children; the department has started Laser Circumcision, a more efficient, less painful and faster procedure than conventional circumcision. The first test tube babies (full term healthy twins) were born in Apollo Fertility Centre on November 20, 2009. Since then, more than 300 babies have been born through in vitro fertilization (IVF). In addition to IVF, IUI, ICSI, ET, and cryopreservation of embryo and sperm are also performed.
- Apollo Neuroscience Centre provides complete care for patients suffering from Neurological Dysfunction with dedicated Neurology, Neurosurgery and Neuro Rehabilitation services through highly trained medical team and the most modern technology and OT. AHD has achieved 5,206 successful Neuro Surgeries from its start to date.
- Apollo Accident & Emergency Centre provides multidisciplinary emergency support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with state-of-the-art facilities and expert trauma team, providing ventilator and life support equipped ambulances, stroke management, life support, cardiac support and trauma life support protocols with emergency and triage beds, and immediate access to diagnostic, medical and surgical specialties. Accident & Emergency Centre has started dedicated Chest Pain Observation Unit (CPOU) for emergency management of patients with chest pain but at low risk of heart attack, aiming to improve the efficiency of care of low-risk patients without unnecessary admissions. Nine Emergency Codes are followed within the hospital, denoting different emergency situations for efficient management.
- Apollo Diagnostic Centre offers state-of-the-art 24-hour diagnostic services of JCI quality, supervised and evaluated by expert post graduate doctors in Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Lab Medicine, and Blood Bank. Apollo Lab Medicine Department is providing range unique tests, among the new ones are: 25-OH Vitamin D total assay, Chlamydia Antigen, Fructosamine test, Inhibin B in serum, Coagulation Screening Test, Leptospira Antibody, Rotavirus Antigen, Salmonella Typhi IgG/IgM, QuantiFERON TB Gold Test, Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE), and Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Test (AAT). The Lab Medicine Department has introduced ultramodern high resolution Capillary Electrophoresis method for superior medical analysis. Apollo Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology Department has pioneered Trans-radial Angiogram (through the wrist) with dedicated radial lounge for the first time in Bangladesh, which has created a new horizon in patient care as patients can leave the hospital within 4 hours. The Interventional Radiology team has successfully performed percutaneous biliary metal stent placement for the first time in August 2010 on a patient suffering from malignant or cancerous biliary obstruction. Other advanced interventional radiology procedures are being performed by the expert team, which are not available in most hospitals in the country.
- Apollo Primary Care Centre provides complete management and monitoring of your everyday health needs with specialties like Internal Medicine, Endocrinology &Diabetology, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, and Respiratory Medicine. The hospital provides modern gastrointestinal procedures like endosocpy, colonoscopy, ERCP, etc., as well as procedures for the lungs and respiratory tract like Pulmonary Function Test (spirometry, lung volume, diffusion capacity) and Bronchoscopy. Respiratory Medicine Department also provides Broncho-provocation Test (BPT) for patients with breathing difficulty.
- Apollo Surgical Centre provides full range of surgical services from routine procedures to complex works, backed by expert surgeons, state-of-the-art technology and anaesthesia support in General & Laparoscopic Surgery, Plastic, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery, ENT Surgery, Dental & Maxillofacial Surgery, and Ophthalmology (eye) Surgery. AHD has completed 3,500 high-end Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeries and General Surgeries. The General & Lap Surgery Department has successfully performed laparoscopic removal of gallbladder in a pregnant woman for the first time at AHD in March 2010, and performs Liver Resection Surgery, the first of which was successfully carried out on November 23, 2009. Four Cochlear Implants for permanent deaf patients have been successfully performed by ENT Department. Cochlear implant facility is also the first of its kind among the private hospitals in Bangladesh. ENT Department has also successfully managed a case of subglottic stenosis (SGS) in an eight-year-old child in June 2011.
- Apollo Therapeutic Centre: AHD’s super specialized Dermatology Department is providing skin balancing treatment to rejuvenate one’s skin; its Laser Centre is performing surgery with PDL and Multiplex as the only centre in Bangladesh having both, and its ultramodern Phototherapy Centre is equipped with latest PUVA and narrow band UVB chamber. Medical Oncology Department provides Chemotherapy for cancer patients under skilled Consultant support. Psychiatry Department provides medical care for depression, ADHD, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorders, schizophrenia, drug addiction disorders, etc
- Apollo Critical Care Units are providing Intensive Care Unit (ICU) support with state-of-the-art specialized personal care for critical patients, supervised by trained ICU doctors and nurses 24 hours a day, 7 days a weeks. Apollo’s ICU support has increased to over 100 beds with Medical ICU (MICU), Surgical ICU (SICU), High Dependency Unit (HDU), Kidney Transplant Unit (KTU), Neuro ICU (NICU), Coronary Care Unit (CCU), Post CCU, Intensive CCU (ICCU), Cardiothoracic ICU (CTICU), and Neonatal ICU.
List of the hospital’s Medical Technology
- Apollo Hospitals Dhaka has launched a Kiosk (touch screen computer terminal) in the hospital on February 15, 2011. The Kiosk carries all basic information of the hospital (both in English and Bangla), through which patients can obtain useful information about Apollo Hospitals Dhaka on their own, without assistance, through the touch of their finger tips.
- List of the hospital’s Medical Technology