Micro needling: A little pinch can make your skin healthy!
Micro needling therapy, also known as Skin needling, collageninduction therapy (CIT), and percutaneous collagen induction (PCI), is a minimally invasive procedure.
Micro needling promotes skin rejuvenation by creating small puncture wound to create a controlled injury in the epidermis and dermis. This injury triggers the wound healing cascade and stimulate growth factors to promote regenerative effects. Micro needling increases collagen deposition, elastic fiber formation and increase dermal thickness.
Recently, clinicians have incorporated the use of platelet rich plasma (PRP), with Micro needling to augment the cosmetic outcome.
This safe procedure not only for the face but also be used for arms, neck, legs, abdomen, back and hands. The treatment can be customized to the desires of each patient.
Depending on the skin areas between three to six Micro needling treatments are typically required for optimal results. Those looking to treat deep wrinkles, stretch marks, severe sun damage or scarring may need six or more treatments.
Benefits of Micro needling:
- General skin rejuvenation, Improves skin texture and hyperpigmentation.
- It works great on wrinkles by regenerates collagen and elastic fibers.
- Great to reduces the size of pores.
- Micro needling works great for depressed scars caused by acne and chickenpox.
- It is a great treatment for stretch marks.
- It greatly improves topical cream effectiveness and penetration, stimulates blood circulation and collagen production.
- Micro needling has demonstrated several uses beyond general skin rejuvenation.
Micro needling also has shown promise in treating androgenetic alopecia, increasing hair regrowth inpatients who previously showed poor response to conventional therapy.
- It is safe to use on all skin types and colors without risk of post-inflammatory
- Microneedles are non-allergenic, cost effective compared to other resurfacing procedures, works on all skin types, and can treat the scalp, face, and body, including skin around the eyes, mouth and neck.
–→When we use platelet rich plasma with Micro needling, this complete treatment is also known as thevampire facial.
–→ For better outcome we may add other treatment or medications with Micro needling.
- What exactly is Micro Needling?
Micro needling involves using a derma stamp pen or a derma roller device. It is a simple procedure that uses very fine needles to break down old scar tissue and stimulate collagen production. New collagen leads to the formation of new skin tissue.
- How does Micro needling Work?
A needling device is used to penetrate to skin. This will create thousands of micro wounds. Your body responds to the wounds by producing significant amount of collagen and elastin fibers. As a result, this will rejuvenate your face by filling in wrinkles and scars.
- What Skin problems are Treatable by Micro needling?
Micro needling is proven to improve the following conditions: mild to moderate acne scars, fine lines, deep wrinkles, sagging skin, rough skin texture, pore size, sun damage, stretch marks and uneven skin tone.
- What do I look like after treatment?
You will experience some redness and mild swelling for 2 to 4 days. You may even notice a slight bruising or several tiny blood spots, but they will disappear in 24 to 48 hours. Your skin will become smoother and radiant in a week.
- What does the treatment consist of?
The treatment includes cleaning and numbing the skin. A derma stamp pen or derma roller with micro needles are used to produce thousands of micro punctures in the skin.
- Is this treatment safe?
It is safe for all skin types &color. It is minimally invasive, involves minimal downtime, rapid healing & requires simple after-care.
It doesn’t produce post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- What is the Down Time?
Micro needling has very low downtime. After the procedure, skin will be red &flushed in appearance which will disappear within 24 hours. Your skin may become slightly pink for 2 to 4 days depending on the severity of the treatment & skin will be completely healed.
- Is it painful?
This depends on the treatment intensity. If you have sensitive skin, you can apply numbing cream to minimize pain during the procedure.
- How many treatments do I need to see results?
The number of treatment needed depends on the severity of skin condition. Many people reported seeing noticeable improvements after 1 to 4 treatments.
- Is there any special care needed after each treatment?
Generally,no. It is best to keep your skin hydrated & protected from sunlight.
- Are there any side-effects?
After procedure skin will be red & flushed in appearance which will diminish within next 24 hours.
- Are there post infections?
Micro punctures or micro wounds close up quickly within 1 hour. Therefore, infections are very rare.
- Is it recommended in pregnancy?
This therapy is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women due to a number of minor reasons.