Hematology is the branch of medicine which focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the blood and bone marrow (blood-forming tissue). Department of Hematology of Apollo Hospitals Dhaka provides modern treatment and management for all spectrum of benign and malignant blood-related disorders including autologous bone marrow transplant (BMT). The hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art Hematology Lab, under coordination of our Hematology Consultant, through which we offer comprehensive analysis and interpretation of various hematological tests for appropriate screening, diagnosis and check-up. The Blood Bank uses cutting-edge technology and has the most secure blood transfusion policy, maintaining quality in every aspect, and capable of providing all kinds of blood components 24 hours a day. For any emergency requirement of blood or information to donate blood, please contact Apollo Blood Bank:01713 041277.
The department manages variety of hematological diseases including:
- Anemia (acquired): iron deficiency anemia, B12 & folate deficiency, hemolytic anemia, PNH, anemia due to chronic disease.
- Anemia (congenital): thalassemia, anemia due to different abnormal hemoglobin.
- Bleeding disorders: Hemophilia, any abnormal/prolonged bleeding, von Willebrand disease, ITP, DIC, Factor deficiencies.
- Blood cancers: Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma, MDS
- Bone marrow transplant (BMT)
- Immune deficiencies of various kinds.
- Platelet disorders: ITP, Functional platelet diseases
Successful Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant
The department provides consultation services in level-2 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Haematology Consultant, who carefully evaluates each patient. After diagnosing patient’s condition, our Consultant discusses available treatment options and recommends the most effective treatment.
Consultant in Department of Adult Hematology/HSCT
|Dr. Abu Jafar Mohammed Saleh
MBBS, FCPS (Hematology)
Coordinator & Consultant – Hematology & Stem Cell Transplant
View Consultant Profile | Make an Appointment |
|Prof. (Dr.) Md. Moniruzzaman
MBBS, GC (Pathology), MCPS (Clinical Pathology), FCPS (Haematology)
Consultant – Hematology & Stem Cell Transplant(Part-Time)
| View Consultant Profile | Make an Appointment |
Team of Doctors
We have world class specialists from around the globe and facilitates correct diagnosis of various ailments for best and shortest road to recovery. Get a closer glimpse of our cutting-edge-technology in the gallery below.
VOICE OF PATIENTS
Voice of patients : Dr. Abu Jafar Mohammed Saleh
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|Mr. Taslimur Rahman:
Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-02-8431661-5; Ext-1353
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)