Download General & Lap Surgery brochures:
Breast Cancer Awareness (English & Bangla)
What You Should Know About Breast Cancer
Your Personal Plan against Breast Cancer
Hernia Management (Bangla)
Cholecystectomy (English & Bangla)
Colostomy: Stoma Management
Appendicitis (English & Bangla)
Link to health article:
Breast lump and related breast conditions
Breast lump does not always mean breast cancer
Do not suffer for hernia in silence
Answers to your questions about hernia
Answers to your questions about gallstones
Department of General & Laparoscopic Surgery of Apollo Hospitals Dhaka offers a wide range of comprehensive and high quality surgical procedures. The department is well equipped with the latest technology and facilities, and is manned by experienced surgeons, nurses and technicians. General Surgery focuses on surgeries of the abdominal organs, breast, thyroid gland and hernias. Operations of the oesophagus, stomach, colon, liver, gallbladder, and bile duct are done with minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery. Procedures such as treatment of varicose veins, circumcision, vasectomies and skin cancer removal are also done by our general surgeons. The responsibility for trauma surgeries involving soft tissues and organs also comes under the realm of general surgery.
The Department provides consultation services in level-4 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Consultant, who carefully evaluates each patient. After diagnosing patient’s condition, the Consultant discusses available treatment options and recommends the most effective treatment.
|Dr. S.K. Basu
MBBS, MS (GS), DNB (Surgery)
Senior Consultant – General, Laparoscopic GI, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
| View Consultant Profile | Make an Appointment |
Assoc. Prof. (Dr.) Mohammad Farid Hossain
MBBS (India), M.S (PGIMER-India)
Senior Consultant – General, Advanced Laparoscopy, Bariatric & G.I Surgical Oncology
| View Consultant Profile | Make an Appointment
Team of Doctors
We have world class specialists from around the globe and facilitates correct diagnosis of various ailments for best and shortest road to recovery. Get a closer glimpse of our cutting-edge-technology in the gallery below.
VOICE OF PATIENTS
Voice of patients : Dr. Mohammad Farid Hossain
VOICE OF PATIENTS: Prof. Dr. Sheikh M. Abu Zafar
General & laparoscopic surgeries commonly performed by the Department include:
- General Surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Hepatobilliary Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Upper GI Surgery
- Investigation and management of gastrointestinal tract bleeding & acute and chronic abdominal pain
- Management of patients requiring enteral and parenteral nutrition on advice from nutrition team.
- Trauma surgery with multidisciplinary management.
- Oncologic surgery, including soft tissue tumour resection
- Breast surgery, including surgery for breast cancer
| Download brochures: 1. What you should know about breast cancer 2. Your personal plan against breast cancer|
| Link to health articles: 1. Breast lump & related breast condition 2. Breast lump does not always mean breast cancer |
- Colorectal surgery
- Oncology or cancer related surgeries
- Diagnostic laparoscopy, laparoscopic appendicectomy, hernia repair, cholecystectomy and intra-operative cholangiogram, common bile duct exploration, repair of perforated peptic ulcers
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy, fundoplication, colectomy, laparoscopy-assisted oesophagectomy; laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB) for morbid obesity
- Laparoscopic surgery for advanced malignancies, diagnostic and bypass surgery
- Investigation and treatment of thyroid diseases, including thyroid cancers
- Parotid and other salivary gland surgery
- Head and neck endocrine disease, including thyroid and parathyroid glands
- Surgery of the liver and biliary tract for benign and malignant diseases
- Liver resection for malignancies and benign liver diseases, segmental and extended hepatectomy, removal of hydatid cyst
- Management of biliary tract strictures: post-inflammatory, post-surgical, malignancies
- Surgery for benign diseases and cancer of the pancreas
- Minimal access management of stone in the gall bladder and biliary tract and cancers of the gall bladder, liver and biliary duct
- Combining laparoscopic cholecystectomy, therapeutic ERCP and laparoscopic exploration of common bile duct
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreaticogram (ERCP) for benign and malignant biliary tract and pancreatic diseases
- Endoscopic and operative management of liver cirrhosis, portal hypertension, oesophageal varices
- Hernia surgery including inguinal and incisional hernia repair
- Management of upper gastrointestinal tract disorders, including peptic ulcer and gastro-oesophageal reflux diseases and other motility disorders
- Surgery for benign and malignant diseases of the oesophagus, stomach and duodenum
- Diagnostic and therapeutic upper GI endoscopy-percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy
- Endoscopic insertion of feeding tubes.
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|Mr. Taslimur Rahman:
Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-02-8431661-5; Ext-1353
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)