- About the Department
- Diagnostic Services
- Vascular & Interventional Radiology (VIR)
- Interventional Radiology OPD
- Image guided treatments
- Interventions For Bleeding Emergencies
- Interventions For Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Interventional Oncology
- Percutaneous Interventions for Acute Emergencies
- Interventions in Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Vein Clinic Or Comprehensive Care
- Interventions For Obs & Gyn Disorders
- Interventions in Nephrology & Urology
- Interventions For Vascular Malformations
- Dialysis Access Management
- Preoperative Embolization of Hypervascular Solid tumor
- Interventional Neurovascular Therapy
- Consultation Services
- Important Points about Tests/Procedures/Surgeries, Your Reports & Billing Enquiries
Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology Department of Apollo Hospitals Dhaka offers state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging services, as well as interventional radiology procedures. The department houses the latest digital imaging technologies designed to provide comprehensive services coupled with outstanding patient care and service. A team of highly trained and board certified radiologists, certified technologists and staff provide the highest level of personalized care to each and every patient. All reports are evaluated and supervised by our post-graduate radiology doctors, ensuring accurate test reports for patients. Apollo Hospitals Dhaka is one of the only hospitals in Bangladesh to be providing interventional radiology services, which uses imaging in combination with minimally invasive procedures. We have the leading interventional radiologists and facilities in performing these interventional radiology procedures.
The department makes use of both film and latest digital technology in radiography and fluoroscopic applications. Images are archived on picture archiving and communication system (PACS), which is a computerized means of acquiring, storing, transmitting, and displaying images digitally. Through this system, images are easily retrieved and recorded on a CD for optimum efficiency and portability. Thus, patients are provided reports in both film or CD formats, after supervision by a post-graduate doctor.
We offer a wide variety of services within each of the following types of imaging:
For further information or appointments for our Radiology & Imaging procedures, please contact Radiology Reception at 8431661 Ext. – 1313.
( Note: For Nuclear Medicine procedures like Cardiac Scan, Hepatobilliary Scan, Bone Scan and Renogram, please go to Department of Nuclear Medicine)
An X-ray machine is a device which captures static images and is a film-based X-ray system for conventional X-ray diagnostics. The department uses 500mA x-ray machine to cater to the needs of patients. Computed Radiography (CR) provides digital x-ray images, while Digital Fluoroscopy allows the digital viewing of deep structures of the body in real time.
Portable x-ray machines, movable around the hospital, are used for convenient x-ray purposes. The portable C-arm x-ray machine is used in OT for instant x-rays of bones and fractures, as well as to ensure that catheters have been placed correctly, to check bile ducts, and to locate pacemakers.
Our technologically advanced ultrasound capabilities have expanded to include vascular, breast and obstetrical imaging with subspecialty interpretation for optimum patient care. Services include:
- Abdomen-limited and complete
- Peripheral vascular
Mammography is a type of imaging that uses a low-dose x-ray system to examine breasts and is used to aid in the early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases in women.
At the Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology, high-field MR (1.5 Tesla) is available for all aspects of general and neurological MR imaging:
- Neurovascular MRA
- Peripheral vascular MRA
- Musculoskeletal and Body MRI
- Breast MRI and Biopsy
Using 64-slice CT technology, Apollo Hospitals Dhaka is at the forefront of general, cardiac and neurologic CT diagnostic imaging in adults and children. Our CT services include:
- Neurovascular CT angiography
- Peripheral vascular CT angiography
- Cardiac CT
- Musculoskeletal and body CT
Vascular & Interventional Radiology is dedicated to the development and application of imaging to guide minimally invasive techniques utilized in diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of conditions.
Apollo Hospitals Dhaka has developed a unique and exclusive outpatient assessment clinic for patients referred from outside or self refereed patients. Evaluation of pervious scans, communication to the referring physicians and counseling to the patient regarding the interventional therapy are considered at Interventional Radiology OPD. We also offer a post procedure follow-up service for these patients where required. In most circumstances we will aim to transfer the patient back to the referring doctor as soon as possible for subsequent clinical care and follow up.
Apollo Hospitals Dhaka provides comprehensive array of image guided treatments using state of art image guidance methodologies. These are backed up by advanced, dedicated and world class ICUs those offer the most advanced monitoring and treatment for patients with critical health conditions.
- Embolization for gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Bronchial artery Embolization for massive hemoptysis.
- Embolization for visceral bleeding in polytrauma.
- Uterine artery embolization for post partum hemorrhage
- Embolization of intractable epistaxis
- Percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage (PTBD).
- Percutaneous biliary stenting for benign and malignant strictures.
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS).
- Embolization for GI bleed/.aneurysms pseudoaneurysms
- Portal vein embolization
- Transjugular liver biopsy (TJLB)
- Splenic pulp embolization for Refractory thrombocytopenia
- Thrombolysis for acute mesenteric ischemia
- HV/IVC Angioplasty Stenting for Budd Chiari syndrome
- Transarterial chemo-embolization for hepatocellular carcinoma (TACE)
- Transarterial chemo-embolization for liver metastasis
- Radiofrequency Ablation therapy for hepatoma
- Radiofrequency Ablation therapy for metastatic liver tumor
- Tunneled catheter or PICC line placement for chemotherapy
- RF ablation for osteoid osteoma
- Image guided Core biopsies / FNAC
- TARE with Y 90 For Liver malignancies
- Aspiration Drainage for abscess (Intra abdominal/others)
- Aspiration and Drainage for collections (Intra abdominal/others)
- Cholecystostomy for complicated Cholecystitis
- Aspiration and Drainage for Empyema/pleural collections
- Critical limb ischemia-stenting, angioplasty
- Thrombolysis for peripheral arterial/ venous thrombosis
- IVC filter placement
- Percutancous embolization of extremity Psuedo aneurysms
- Thoracic Aorta Aneurysm Endovascular treatment
- Sclerotherapy Routine and Foam
- Endovenous laser treatment (EVLT) for varicose veins
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) for varicose veins
- Uterine artery embolization for placental anomalies
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- Ovarian vein embolization
- TRUS guided biopsy and aspiration
- PCN( Percutaneous nephrostomy)
- Ureteral stent placement
- Renal artery embolization in vascular injury
- Varicocele embolization
- Transjugular kidney Biopsy
- Prostatic Artery Embolization
- Internal pudendal artery angioplasty for erectile dysfunction
- Sclerotherapy for venous malformation
- Embolization for high flow craniofacial vascular malformation & Extremity AVMs
- Venous access
- Tunneled catheter ( Permacath Insertion )
- Venoplasty/stenting of central Veins
- Venoplasty of peripheral veins
- Venoplasty/Stenting of Dialysis fistulaes
- Fibrin sheath stripping
- Nasopharyngeal angiofibroma
- Glomus tumor
- Renal cell carcinoma
- Angio myolipomas
- Six Vessels Diagnostic Neuroangiographics
- Intracranial arterial thrombolysis and thrombectomy in ischemic stroke
- Carotid stenting for carotid stenosis
- Intracranial aneurysm coiling
- Preoperative embolization of meningioma and skull base hypervascular tumors
Department of Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology provides consultation services in level-1 through highly qualified and experienced Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing your condition, we discuss available treatment options and recommend the most effective treatment.
|Dr. Manphool Singhal
MBBS, MD, DNB (Radiodiagnosis)
Cardiac MRI fellowship (Barts, London)
Fellow- SCCT, USA; Cardiac MRI Certification (SCMR, USA)
Senior Consultant – Diagnostic Radiology
| View Consultant Profile | Make an Appointment |
|Dr. Sania Ahsan
MBBS, M.Phil, FCPS (Radiology),Fellowship Neuroradiology( University of Toronto)
Senior Consultant – Diagnostic Radiology
| View Consultant Profile | Make an Appointment |
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|Mr. Taslimur Rahman:
Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-02-8431661-5; Ext-1353
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)