General Job Description
- Assessment of patients on admission.
- Detailed history taking and Physical examination and documentation with in the first 24 hours of admission.
- Responsible for sending the patient for the appropriate investigation as directed by the primary consultant and also to authorize investigations, which are urgent.
- Take daily rounds of the surgical patients in the wards and assess them for treatment as deemed fit by his / her consultant and review them regularly.
- He/ she is to complete the In-Patient rounds everyday before, and fill the case sheets and progress notes & all the necessary documents & JCI document in specific chart of medical record without fail.
- Responsible for providing adequate treatment to the patient as advised and to check the dosage, frequency, route of administrations of all medications, considering all precautions.
- Attending code blue and code orange with the other colleagues.
- Performing transfusion of blood and all blood products.
- continually monitor and review patient progress and adjust the management plan when necessary and to take appropriate initiatives in Medical emergencies when required.
- Preparation of discharge summaries well in time and briefing the patient about the medications on discharge.
- Follow hospital practices and demonstrate initiative aligned to ensuring the safest possible environment for patients and staff.
- To attend all clinical meetings and work shops and actively participate in paper presentations.
- To be part of training programs conducted in the hospital and to take continuous initiatives for knowledge and skill up gradation.
- To be involved in teaching programs that is held by the department
- To oversee the activities of the Residents and guide them
- To be an active member for the quality initiatives of the hospital
- Any other responsibility assigned by the Coordinator / DMS office
- He/She should be part of the quality improvement of JCI documentation process of the hospital.DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION
- Shall be doing minor procedures (ex- Paracentesis) under supervision of consultant.
- Assist consultants in the day-to-day management of patients
- To attend to medical patients received through emergency and assist in their management as advised by the consultant.