General Job Description
A cook/Asst. Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of diet and food items in a manner that ensure compliance with international and national standard and laws with highest satisfaction of all Inpatients, Guests and Employees. Also must maintain the personal hygiene and grooming, area cleanliness, food safety and infection control guidelines. .
He/She should be part of the quality improvement of JCI documentation process of the hospital.
Departmental Job Specification
- Sets up work station according to given guidelines.
- Must follow Hand washing protocols, wash hands before and after any cooking and after toilet use.
- Must use personal protective equipment i.e; hand gloves, caps apron etc.
- Prepares all diet or food items and directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the chef and dietitian.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Head Cook or Kitchen Shift In-Charge.
- Must attend all safety trainings twice in a year such as Fire Safety, HAZMAT, Personal Hygiene and Grooming and Emergency Codes etc.
- Must attend all kind job skill training such as diet preparation, liquid diet preparation and any other food preparation conduct by Head Cook or Chef.
- Minimum SSC with 1 year practical experience.
- Must know cooking and cooking environment.
- Must have cooperative and positive attitude
- Good interpersonal skill and polite