Apollo Knee Centre is the first super specialty Knee Centre in Bangladesh, dealing with all knee related problems. Under direct supervision of renowned Knee Surgeon Dr. M. Ali, Apollo Knee Centre addresses all your knee related problems associated with trauma, sports injury and arthritis, i.e. age related wear and tear. We provide non-surgical management of knee conditions, as well as all knee surgeries. It is a one-stop solution centre providing all knee related surgeries, including ligament reconstruction, arthroscopic surgeries, meniscus surgeries, total knee replacement, etc. Our team consists of highly skilled and experienced Consultant, nurses and technicians who are all dedicated to patient care. The Centre offers diagnosis and treatment of all problems affecting the knee in the bones, joints and muscles.
A regular reason why people visit the Knee Centre is due to knee injuries, especially amongst sportsmen and older adults. Common knee injuries include ligament sprains (ACL injuries), cartilage tears (most often meniscus injuries), overuse injuries, and arthritis.
- OPD services with expert Consultant for clinical examination, diagnosis and treatment of knee conditions.
- Diagnosis through x-ray, MRI, blood tests, or joint aspiration
- Non-surgical treatment through Consultant advice, physiotherapy, medication, injection therapy, etc.
- Surgical treatment, from common to complex surgeries, using state-of-the-art equipments and facilities.
Apollo Knee Centre provides consultation services in level-1 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Consultant, who carefully evaluates each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, our Consultant discusses available treatment options and recommends the most effective treatment.
Consultant in Apollo Knee Centre:
|Dr. M. Ali
MBBS, MS (Ortho.), Fellow (Sports Medicine)
Coordinator & Senior Consultant – Orthopaedics & Knee Centre
| View Consultant Profile | Make an Appointment |
|Dr. Nandkumar Katakdhond
MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics), SICOT Diploma,
Fellow Sports Medicine and Joint Replacement, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
ISAKOS Fellow USA and Europe
Senior Consultant – Orthopaedics
|View Consultant Profile | Make Appointment |
|Dr. Amit Kapoor
MBBS, D. Ortho, DNB
Consultant – Orthopaedics, Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery
| View Consultant Profile | Make Appointment |
Team of Doctors
We have world class specialists from around the globe and facilitates correct diagnosis of various ailments for best and shortest road to recovery. Get a closer glimpse of our cutting-edge-technology in the gallery below.
In patients with severe conditions, knee surgeries are required. At Apollo Knee Centre, we are performing all kinds of knee related surgeries. These include the following:
1. Arthroscopic Surgeries (for young patients)
- Arthroscopic Reconstruction of ligaments of the injured knee
- Arthroscopic Repair or partial resection of injured meniscus of the knee
- Arthroscopic retrieval of the osteochondral fragments or loose bodies
2. Arthroscopic Surgeries (for middle aged patients)
- Arthroscopic debridement and lateral releases for arthritic knee
3. Total Knee replacement |Download brochure on Knee Replacement|
- Knee replacement of the grossly arthritic knees (in old patients)
4. Other Surgeries
- Management of fractures around the knee (mini-invasive surgeries called MIS & MIS +C-Arm and arthroscopic aided surgeries)
- Open soft tissue repair and reconstruction
- Correction of deformities around knee
- Cartilage grafting in large cartilage defect
- Osteotomy for arthritic knee in middle aged patients (HTO – High Tibial Osteotomy)
Patients are provided with specialized rehabilitation services (as needed) pre- and post-surgery through our Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Centre and are offered comprehensive services and care of the highest quality. We have an expert Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Consultant who supervises the patient’s rehabilitation through a wide range of therapies, including occupational therapy and physiotherapy. For more information on our Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation services and facilities, please go to Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Centre.
Apollo Joint Pain & Arthritis Check, offered by our Master Health Check, is recommended for people over the age of 40 who are experiencing at least some symptoms of arthritis. These symptoms typically become worse as time goes by. So, if you are experiencing joint pain, Apollo Joint Pain & Arthritis Check is an ideal screening test for you, which will determine if you have arthritis and can then assist you in planning an appropriate treatment program.
| Apollo Joint Pain & Arthritis Check | Price: BDT 5,000 |
- Complete Haemogram & ESR
- Blood Sugar: Random
- Rheumatoid Factor
- Serum Uric Acid
- Serum Inorganic Phosphate
- Serum Calcium
- Serum Creatinine
- Serum Alkaline Phosphatase
- CRP (C-Reactive Protein)
- ASO (Anti Streptolysin O)
- Diet Counselling
- Physiotherapy Evaluation
Note: Single or multiple view x-rays of affected areas may be required as per advice of the respective Consultant.
For more details and appointment for Apollo Joint Pain & Arthritis Check, please contact our Master Health Check desk:
MHC Services are available from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, seven days a week.
To view all our Master Health Check packages, click Master Health Check.
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 10:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, Atrium – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|Mr. Taslimur Rahman:
Senior Executive – Billing
Phone: 02-8431661 Ext:1353
|Mr. Arifur Rahman:
Senior Executive – Billing
Phone: 02-8431661 Ext:1353